May 13, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

So, I had taken these pictures about a week and a half ago, prior to all the tornadoes in our area, and I'm glad I got them in while we still had sun.  In fact, as I speak, it is raining again.  But that is beside the point.  This is a blanket I started for for a gift for my sister, who is not pregnant, but her friend who is.  You see, she was completely stressed about having to knit a blanket that I figured I would just make one for her.  


So, this is just a close-up of the stitch markers I made.  My sister took the normal stitch markers home with her and so I just grabbed some beads and had about ten stitch markers in ten minutes.  


This is our outdoor cat, Maurice.  Maurice decided while I was taking pictures of my knitting that she was more important.  Even though she was interrupting my photo shoot, you have to admit she is adorable.

Here are what the first few shots with Maurice in them looked like.  I would push her out of the way, then while I was focusing the camera, she would sneak up beside me and manage to wiggle in as soon as I actually took the picture.  Sneaky little thing.
  

I know no one reads this blog regularly, so I don't quite feel as guilty about not posting for over two weeks.  Even though no one reads it I plan on starting to post more regularly.  I will start posting a word of the week on Fridays and I will try to keep that going throughout the summer.  Thanks if any of you are out there reading this.  


ETA:  The reason for the title is that I have had the pictures taken for a long time and planned to put them on here and just now got around to it. 

No comments: